Lessons Learned This Week
This week I’ve learned…
- The Post Office can’t overnight everything. But don’t worry, UPS charges $27 to get a letter from South Carolina to Ohio. (Hello, dent in wallet!)
- I am pretty terrible at laser tag. But it’s so much fun!
- PETA is so annoying. I just read that they want to replace Punxsutawney Phil with a robot. (OK, I read it on Perez Hilton. Don’t judge.) They claim it’s animal cruelty. In my personal Pennsylvanian opinion, seeing your shadow is not animal cruelty (OK, I’m biased – but still!!). And Punxsutawney Phil is living a glamorous life – they say he has everything but a TV! [2 Side notes: 1). In 11th grade, my world cultures teacher gave us a pop quiz where we had to spell Punxsutawney. I got it wrong then, but I’m pretty sure it’s correct today 😉 Thanks Mr. O! 2). Caitlin got in a little argument with PETA earlier this week. Check it out.]
- Spiritual gifts are a pretty cool thing. Thank goodness we don’t all have the same ones, or this life would be b-o-r-i-n-g!
- When I splurge on the weekend, I can still make up for it during the week! I was a bit discouraged when I ate a whole lot of Mexican food over the weekend. But I stayed positive and got back on track on Monday (ok, I had some chips and salsa on Tuesday too – I can’t help it! Can you say weakness?!?). I’m happy to report that I lost another 1.8 pounds this week! It took a lot of hard work to get those results, but it’s all part of the journey! 🙂
- Sometimes life gets really busy, and I can’t blog everyday. But that’s okay – I’m just starting out!
- Pete Wilson is releasing a book! Follow this link to view the promo video and enter to win a free copy. And check out his blog – it’s a good one!
- I’m stronger than I think I am. My friend Lindy says this all the time in our fitness classes, but I’m finally starting to get the point. I was running on the treadmill and thought there is no way I will finish this! But I pushed through and made it to the end. Praise God.
- If I don’t leave right now, I’ll be late for my last chance workout! Hope you all have a great weekend!!