Happy Early Birthday to ME!
My birthday is on Thursday. My life has been so insanely busy that I had forgotten about it. I was well-aware of it last week, but it slipped my mind until my boss asked about my birthday lunch earlier today.
I’m turning 24. I try not to make a big deal out of birthdays, and I certainly won’t make a huge deal out of this one. But for some reason 24 sounds so much older than 23. I can’t figure out if it’s because of all of the changes in my life that occurred during the past year, or because of all that I’m looking forward to in my 24th year.
Things that I’m looking forward to about this birthday:
- Wednesday night I’m going bowling with a ton of fabulous people. And hopefully I will beat all of them 🙂
- I’m flying to Columbus, Ohio on Friday. I just happened to be invited to a scholarship competition for one of the seminaries I’ve applied to. This competition just happens to be the Monday after my birthday weekend. And this seminary just happens to be 10 minutes from my sister’s house. So basically, I’m crashing my sister and brother in law’s Valentine’s Day and the family is driving to Columbus to celebrate my birthday. I can’t wait.
- Birthday cake. Need I say more? 😉
Exciting things that happened in my 23rd year:
- I figured out what to do with my life…or at least what I think I should be doing 😉
- I went on a mission trip to Nicaragua
- I took a group of students to Biloxi, Mississippi and New Orleans on an Alternative Spring Break trip
- I attended 2 conferences in Texas in less than a month (one in Dallas and one in Houston)
- I attended an alternative break conference at Virginia Tech that focused on access and isolation in rural Appalachia
- I spent the entire year single. That might not be a big deal for some people, but let me tell you – I am boy crazy! It gave me the opportunity to be independent and grow closer to God. I’d highly recommend it 🙂
Very cool things that will be happening in my 24th year:
- Going back to school! I’m so excited to start my master’s degree. I don’t know which school I’ll be going to yet, so stay tuned!
- Moving again. I have loved Rock Hill/Charlotte, but I’m really looking forward to another fresh start. I don’t know where that will be, but I know that it will be fantastic wherever I end up!!
- Going to St. Lucia! One of my very best friends is in the Peace Corps and serving in St. Lucia. I’m trying to visit her this summer and I can’t wait to see her!!
- Running more! I ran a 5k last Saturday (I know, I know – I need to write a post about it) and I’m looking forward to running some more races in the future.
- Teaching more. I love teaching Turbo Kick, and I can’t wait to get better at teaching and helping others get fit!
- Blogging more. This is still a new blog and I don’t update nearly as often as I should, but I’m hoping to be able to dedicate more time to it soon!
- Growing more. There have been so many changes that have happened in the last year, and I really feel like I’ve grown up a lot. I’m looking forward to all that the next year has in store for me!
- The Steelers will win another Super Bowl! Hey, it’s good to be optimistic…right?!?!? 🙂
One year older, one year wiser. I’m blessed to be surrounded with such amazing people who inspire me to be a better person.
P.S. Did you know that I have the same birthday as Jennifer Aniston? Random fact of the day!