Why I LOVE Being a Group Exercise Instructor
I never thought I would teach group fitness classes…especially ones that involve hip hop dance moves! I grew up as a jazz & ballet dancer and a softball player. Group exercise wasn’t even on my radar until I started my first post-graduate job 2 years ago.
But here I am, teaching fitness classes. Sometimes the words “fitness professional” are still a little intimidating, so I always just refer to myself as a group exercise instructor!
Here are just a few reasons why I love teaching group exercise:
- I meet all kinds of people I wouldn’t otherwise get to meet
- It’s a fun way to exercise
- It’s a joy to be able to motivate others
- It’s awesome to be part of the fitness industry
- It’s thrilling to be a small part of someone’s fitness or weight loss journey
- I’m able to thrive off of the energy of my students
- I’m always held accountable – there is a date/time that I’m required to be at the gym and motivate others
- I follow specific formats (Turbo Kick and PiYo – for more info on these Powder Blue formats click here) so I always have to be prepared for my classes – this means practicing in my house and mastering the routines before I teach at the gym
- I’m able to improve with each class I teach
If you’ve ever considered getting certified to teach group exercise classes – I highly recommend it. You’ll love the positive impact it will make on your life! It’s a huge confidence builder (just another reason why I love teaching)!!!
Tomorrow is Friday – woohooo! And on a very happy note: my mom will be visiting me in less than a week. I’m definitely ready for a girl’s weekend!! 🙂