With just a few days left at my job, I can’t help but think of some of the good times and randomness that has occurred throughout the past 2 years. [Okay, I know I promised that I’d stop looking back…but apparently I lied. It happens. But it was unintentional, so I get brownie points or something right? Or at least brownies? ;)]
With this job came a lot of life changes, which initially included moving to South Carolina and somehow developing a pseudo southern accent. It also meant attending staff meetings, larger staff meetings, supporting my colleagues at their events – such as Welcome Week or Family Weekend – planning programs, establishing professional goals, mentoring students, meeting with non-profit agencies…the list goes on and on. Are these the things that I’ll remember the most? Absolutely not.
It’s the goofy moments that I’ll look back on and smile.
- Those birthday lunches where our administrative assistant squirmed at just the mention of the word “sushi”
- That one time someone said (at a very large staff meeting) there wasn’t a lot of action going on at her apartment (in reference to the empty box outside of her door that was the drop-off point for a canned food drive). [Sorry dear…hope this doesn’t embarrass you. But it was hilarious!]
- Comparing calorie burns, eating lunch almost everyday, and teaching turbo kick with my girl Dre [and the occassional practicing turbo moves in the office]
- Dropping by Lindy‘s office for a quick chat and busting out the robot in the middle of her turbo class
- Dropping by Narcie‘s office and eating every single piece of dark chocolate in her candy bowl (hey…someone had to do it)
- Someone discovering on facebook that her high school classmate still has a rockin’ mullet decades after graduation – and showing it to all of us (and to think, that was just Tuesday afternoon…)
- And last but not least: a colleague’s birthday happened to be on flag day this year, so we each had to pose with the American Flag for a birthday collage. She thought it was pretty darn funny, and I’m glad her husband asked us all to do it. (Even though I didn’t know about it until the day of…otherwise I might have done a little somethin-somethin with my hair!)
Update: They’re letting me leave 2 extra days early!!! My final day is now July 27th. This means I only have 5 days of work left! Craziness! (How only 5 days? Well you see, I’ll be visiting one of my BFFs who is serving in the Peace Corps on the gorgeous island of St. Lucia starting this Friday. After that, only 2 work days remain. Yep, I’m a lucky gal. And yes, I will not be blogging while I’m in the Caribbean!!!)