In honor of 10/10/10 and my lack of creativity lately, I thought I’d share some lovely facts with you, 10-style.
10 things you probably don’t know about me
- I know how to twirl fire. And knives. And I can juggle 3 batons. Yep, I was a majorette in high school.
- I was once the only white girl in (what should have been) an all black step show.
- I spent 2 summers working for a team of optometrists/ophthalmologists in college.
- One of my pet peeves is people who leave bumper stickers on their car years after the election. I really don’t care that you voted for Al Gore in 2000.
- I don’t believe that “everything happens for a reason.”
- I went 7 years without having a sense of smell. I broke my nose twice and after the second time I couldn’t smell anything. I got it fixed in May of 2008 and let me tell you–it was CRAZY to smell some stuff after the surgery. My sense of smell still isn’t as good as it used to be, but I can definitely notice when a candle is burning.
- Brad Paisley is my favorite country singer. He may or may not be referred to as my husband on occasion. But seriously…have you heard his “Anything Like Me” song? So good.
- I grew up on a farm.
- My favorite perfume is Daisy by Mark Jacobs thanks to Erica.
- I’m not a girly girl. I know how to box and can throw a mean left hook [even though I will never fight anyone…it was just a good workout!]. I’m totally okay with the fact that I know entirely too much about the NFL. I’m getting a pedicure later this week and the last time I had one was when my sister got married…in August 2008. But I still love my Steve Madden heels (yes, ALL of them. I’m obsessed with shoes, by the way.) and getting dressed up for fancy gatherings.
10 reasons why Allegheny College is the bomb dot com
- I’ve never seen such a strong alumni network. It’s almost unreal how much Allegheny alums are willing to help you succeed. Love it.
- There is nothing like seeing the first snowfall in senior circle.
- I graduated over 2 years ago and still have professors who genuinely care what I’m doing with my life and will help me achieve my goals in any way they can.
- Because we’re the only gators in Pennsylvania.
- The Allegheny name is something to be proud of. I’ve never met anyone at Duke (or any of the other schools I applied to) who hasn’t heard of Allegheny College. People across the nation respect our small school. Plus, we’re always ranked in those “best colleges” lists.
- 4 years of hard work is totally worth the amazingness of Senior Week. And the job offers you’ll get after graduation.
- William McKinley (yes, the US president) was expelled from Allegheny for taking a cow (ok, it was really a goat) to the top of Bentley Hall. And it couldn’t get back down, apparently. Now our food court is named after him, and its logo is in the shape of a cow.
- Our campus is beautiful.
- The Senior Project (aka thesis but we all refer to it as “the comp”) will kick your butt but make you so much more competitive in the job market/for graduate school. Even though I’m not studying anything related to my comp, the skills I gained from it and the discipline it took to write it was so worth it. Plus, people are usually impressed when I say I wrote a 70 page thesis entirely in French.
- For me, my best friends from Allegheny are literally my best friends on the planet. I even visited one of them in the Peace Corps. I’m not entirely sure what I’d do without them. So happy we’re all Alleghenians!
5 totally unhealthy things I’m super obsessed with at the moment + 5 reasons why you need to be on twitter if you’re not = 10 really random bits of information
- Swedish fish. Oh my goodness, it’s like I’m 6 years old again. Fabuloooosh.
- Chipotle. I’m surprised the people who work there don’t have my order memorized by now. It’s definitely healthier than other fast food, but when you eat as much as a LaMarr Woodley (which I seem to do lately), it’s probably not very healthy.
- Candy corn. Tis the season.
- Smores goldfish. SO good.
- Not sleeping. I’m not sure how I’ve been surviving off of so little sleep, but I have. Thank goodness for fall break.
- Twitter time: If you follow your favorite bloggers on twitter, there really isn’t a need for Google Reader. (I will admit that I don’t use Reader as regularly as everyone else and don’t read 6 million blogs everyday, so Twitter is sufficient for me.)
- Follow @mortreport and @Adam_Schefter. I knew who was getting drafted before it was announced thanks to these two. They are the best people to follow if you care about the NFL.
- It’s not about telling people what you eat for breakfast. It’s about sharing facts, figures, thoughts, links, quotes, and even venting if you need to.
- It’s great for networking and connecting with people. I know a guy who got a job with a huge advertising firm in Chicago thanks to Twitter. He started following the company’s VP, the VP checked out his page and looked at his blog (which was listed on his profile). A few days later he was invited to interview for a position that opened up. Now how many of your Facebook friends can say that?
- You can connect with a lot more people than you can on Facebook. Or you can block your profile and keep everything on the DL.
[Inspiration for this blog post was from Heather, whose lovely blog you should be reading every day.]